Happy New Year, dear readers! I hope you all bid 2013 goodbye in style, I certainly did.
I thought I would share some of my resolutions with you. In the past, I have made the mistake of making my resolutions too extreme, such as “Lose 50 lbs by March 1st” or “No sugar” etc. Needless to say, that has not worked out for me. So, this year, I am giving myself a little more breathing room. After all, this journey that I’m setting out to do is not just a diet or something I’m going to do until I lose the weight I want, it is a lifestyle choice that I intend to maintain forever.
So, the resolutions:
- To get at least 30 minutes of exercise 4 days a week.
- To eat as clean and healthy as possible.
- To make healthier substitutions (eg 0% Greek yogurt for sour cream) whenever possible.
- To drink less pop and more water and tea.
- To do yoga or stretch at least 5 times a week.
- To turn off my computer and spend time outside every day.
- To try new things and to not let my weight hold me back from trying said things.
- To take each day as it comes. That means that I will not beat myself up if I indulge a little too much, or I don’t get all my fruits and veggies in, or I miss a workout. There is always tomorrow.
I think those are some pretty solid resolutions that I can certainly live with. I want to be able to enjoy life and to feel like I can have a piece of cake or some wine without feeling guilty. Moderation, moderation, moderation.
What are your resolutions for this year?