I have decided to switch my weigh-in/measurement day to Wednesday (from Monday) because that happened to be the date that I really started my exercise and healthy eating program, so I thought it made the most sense to keep it on Wednesdays. Here are my current stats:
Weight: 295.5 lbs
Bust: 50 in.
Waist: 56 in.
Hips: 51.5 in.
Pants/Dress Size: 20
So, as of my start of this blog (December 5), I have lost 7.7 lbs. As of my “official” start, that is when I really started watching what I eat and exercising (January 1st), I have lost 6.3 lbs. My BMI has dropped from 47.5 to 46.4.
My measurements and my pants/dress size are the same at the moment, but I didn’t expect them to change with just a 6 lb loss. By the beginning of next month though, maybe I’ll be down a couple of inches, we’ll see!
What I Did Really Well This Week:
1) I exercised for at least 30 minutes a day, every day. I made sure not to push myself too hard so that I wouldn’t get discouraged or sore. I did weights 3 times this past week and every day I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes at varying speeds and inclines, but always keeping a brisk pace. I also rowed 1000-2000 m on my rowing machine every day and made sure that I stretched very well after my workouts.
2) I tracked every single thing I ate or drank for the entire week. It sounds tedious, but I made up a food and exercise spreadsheet for myself so I can keep track of what I eat and drink each day and the exercise that I do. After the first couple of days of writing down my food, it actually became second nature to me and I am proud of myself for sticking with it.
3) Cutting out pop (soda in some parts of the world) and drinking water and tea instead was a challenge, but I did a great job this week. I actually find that a cold bottle of water sounds much more refreshing and thirst-quenching to me than a cold bottle of Coca-Cola these days.
What I Can Improve On:
1) I didn’t make as many healthy choices as I wanted to this week. I stayed within my Weight Watchers points limit, but I chose the banana bread over the banana more often that I wanted to. My goal this week is to make the more nutritious choice when I can and to eat more fruits and vegetables.
2) I wanted to do yoga this week, but I didn’t make enough time in my day for it, so I’m hoping to improve on that in the weeks to come.
3) This week I want to spend more time outside. I live in the Canadian prairies (and yes, -40 degrees is a reality in the winter around here) so it’s not always practical to be outside in the winter, but the weather this week is supposed to lovely and sunny and relatively warm, so I’d like to get out more on those sunny days and go skating or skiing or just snow-shoeing or walking.
How I Feel:
I honestly feel amazing. Even though I didn’t make perfect choices this week and even though I still have a long way to go, I feel like I am on the right path. I have always been one of those people who likes exercise and so walking is never a chore for me, it’s just that in the past I never made time for it. Now that I am making exercise a priority, I find that I actually look forward to my workouts every day because they just make me feel so good.
All in all, I am really happy with how I did. I mean, a 6.3 lb loss speaks for itself! Hopefully this week will be just as good!