My pants are falling down. I mean it. Doesn’t matter if I wear a belt, they are so loose in the waist now. I am thinking that this means I need to go down a size.
This week, I went from 295.5 to 295.4 lbs, so only a 0.1 lb loss. Disappointing BUT my pants are falling down. So I take that to mean that I am losing inches, but that the scale isn’t reflecting that, hopefully because that means that I’m gaining muscle.
What I Did Really Well This Week:
1) Exercise! I have exercised for at least 30 minutes a day, every single day, since January 1st. I have never, ever done that before. I am so unbelievably proud of myself for sticking with it and I am amazed at how great I feel.
2) On Wednesday night (January 8th), I tripped and rolled my foot quite badly. Because I was unable to do my traditional cardio workout, I had to improvise and I am really proud of myself. I did not let an injury be an excuse to go back to old habits, I just changed up my routine to stay off my foot and I was able to continue, without missing a day!
3) I have been extremely good lately at drinking lots of water. I have only had ONE single sugary beverage since December 31st and that beverage was a pina colada on my birthday (which was this past week, yay for being 25!). And honestly, I enjoyed that pina colada so much more because it was truly a treat.
What I Can Improve On:
1) I need to keep adding more fruits and veggies to my diet until I am getting the recommended 5-10 a day.
2) I hardly ever eat breakfast. I am really awful about it. I often just don’t feel like eating in the morning, so I’m going to try to have smoothies this week. That way I can start my day off with some fruits and veggies (I always sneak spinach or kale into my smoothies) and hopefully it won’t feel as heavy on my stomach as something like oatmeal or eggs.
3) I am usually really good about tracking absolutely every single thing I eat, but this week I had a couple of birthday dinners and so I think that I wasn’t 100% accurate with my tracking. I will improve on that next week.
4) I should get more sleep. I have been going to bed too late for the last few days and I wake up feeling tired, so I’m hoping to go to bed earlier this week.
How I Feel:
Even though I wasn’t perfect in my efforts this week (although really, will I ever be 100% perfect? doubtful) I am still really proud of how I have been doing over the past couple of weeks and it makes me happy and excited to move forward.
Happy exercising, folks!