Current Weight: 290.1 lbs
Loss: 3.9 lbs
Current BMI: 45.4
Pants/Dress Size: 18, down from a 20! Hurray!
This week, I lost 3.9 lbs for a total loss so far of 11.7 lbs since January 1st. However, I have been ill this week, so I suspect that much of that loss is due more to the fact that I have been existing purely on tea, juice, noodle soup and saltines than any effort on my part. I imagine that this loss is mostly water, not fat, so it’s possible that my weight will go up next week, but we’ll see!
I did eat well and workout for the first part of the week, but I came down with a terrible chest cold/flu on Sunday and have basically been resting since then. I attempted to work out on Saturday (when I was feeling a little bit bad, but not full-blown terrible yet) and I was able to do some weights, but as soon as I got on the treadmill my lungs started screaming in protest. Much as it annoyed me to break my exercise streak, I figured that it was a better idea to rest and get better than to make my sick lungs work. I am feeling much better now – my fever has disappeared and the cold has moved from my chest to my sinuses – so I’m hoping to get in a workout today, but we’ll see how it goes. At least being sick meant that I made my goal of getting more sleep this week!
What I Did Really Well This Week:
1) For the first part of the week, I kept up my exercise routine and did very well. I also kept track of my eating and exercising, at least up until I got sick. I’m going to go back and fill it in, but at the time I didn’t have the energy to write down how many points a cup of chicken noodle soup was. Considering how poorly I felt, I will forgive myself for this lapse.
2) I ate a lot of fruit (yay Vitamin C smoothies), which was good. I don’t eat as much fruit as I should (something I’m still working on) so trying to get as much vitamin C in my system as possible forced me to eat more fruit, which I’m glad about.
3) I also got a lot of sleep. I mean, being sick, I got more than a healthy person needs, but it reminded me that I usually do not get enough for a healthy person, so I should make it more of a priority.
What I Can Improve On:
1) Eating better, as always. Always room to improve!
2) I think half the reason why I’m not getting enough sleep these days is that I work out in the evenings. I try to work out at about 7, so that by 9 I have finished and showered and all that, but for the past couple of weeks it’s been more like I start working out at 9 or even 10 or 11 some nights. I find that a) this obviously keeps me up later because I’m not done until close to 11 or midnight or sometimes even 1 am and b) exercising close to bedtime makes it harder to sleep. So one of my goals this week will be to make time in the morning or earlier in the day to work out, so that I can get to bed at decent time and that I won’t be wired when I do go to bed.
3) I am leaving this week to go visit some relatives (it’s my grandmother’s 92nd birthday on Friday and one of my cousins is moving to China and I myself am moving to New Zealand very soon, so we’re having a little meetup in Saskatchewan) so this week will be a test for me, to see if I can get in a workout when I am away. It’s one thing to be away in a hotel, because then you can kind of do whatever you want, but it’s another ball game to be in someone else’s house. I was always taught to eat whatever I was served when a guest at another person’s house, so it will be up to me this week to get in workouts in a place where there is no treadmill (yay for doing laps around an apartment building!) and to make the healthiest choice from what is available, since I will not be the one in charge of the cooking. We’ll see how it goes!
Happy losing folks, hope you all are well!