Current Weight: 294.0 lbs
Gain: 3.9 lbs
Current BMI: 46.0
Bust: 50 in.
Waist: 56 in.
Hips: 51.5 in.
Pants/Dress Size: 18
My apologies for my tardiness in this post. As I have mentioned previously, in passing, (or at least I think I did!) I am moving to New Zealand in approximately 3 1/2 weeks and it is seriously stressing me out. I have so much to do before I go and life is kicking my butt right now. If I didn’t need sleep I would be in great shape, but unfortunately…
Also unfortunate is that I gained weight. Annoying, yes, but it wasn’t entirely unexpected. I was ill from the 25th to the 30th, then I was away from the 31st to the 7th, so my exercise routine was non-existent in that time period. I could have worked out when I was away, but at that point I had kind of fallen out of the habit, so I honestly wasn’t all that motivated to work out. My bad, I know.
I did eat fairly well in the week that I was away, but given that I had been existing on chicken soup and juice the week before when I was ill, I assumed that most of the weight I lost was water weight and that it would come back as soon as I started eating real food again. I was right. And I was with my aunt and grandmother, who are both excellent bakers, so I may have overindulged in some goodies like cake and cookies and fudge while I was away. However, it’s a new week and I am determined to see a loss next week!
As of the start of this blog, my net loss is 7.8 lbs. Not as high as I wanted, but it’s still a loss, so yay me. January was pretty good to me and I’m hoping that February will be the same.
My measurements have not changed, but it’s okay, we’re getting there!
What I Did Really Well This Week:
1) I ate more fruit, especially in the mornings, and I ate breakfast every morning. My grandmother is an early riser, as is my aunt, so I was up early every morning while I was gone and I had a healthy breakfast every day, usually consisting of fruit, oatmeal or toast, and a glass of milk.
2) I drank a lot of liquids (my grandma is really into tea, so she drinks several cups a day and we always joined her) which is good, because when I am not exercising I usually do not drink as much liquid as I should.
3) I got a lot of sleep. Back at my place, I usually stay up as long as I want to. My grandmother’s apartment is small and she and my aunt go to bed early, so I went to bed when they did because watching TV or something like that would keep them awake. It was good though, I never get enough sleep.
What I Can Improve On:
1) I haven’t exercised for about 2 weeks, so I really need to get back on that wagon. When you’re really busy, it’s so easy to push exercise to the side, but I love how it makes me feel so I really want to make time for myself during the day to exercise and stay on track.
2) I also didn’t really track my food intake while I was sick or while I was away, so I need to get back into the habit of doing that. I did eat pretty well while I was away, but I still think that it’s a good idea for me to write down what I eat so that I can make sure that I’m not overdoing a certain food group and to make sure that I’m getting enough fruits and vegetables.
How I Feel:
Right now, I honestly just feel really, really stressed. I have so much organizing and sorting and packing to do and it is really making me feel a bit overwhelmed at this point. I do feel like I am still on the right path towards weight loss, but when I get stressed out I tend to not exercise (which, ironically, helps with stress) and I tend to eat emotionally, so I really need to keep that in check.
Anyway, happy weight loss to all and let’s hope that next week is better!